Temple set to take on Bucknell

Friday night’s loss was a tough pill to swallow.

The No. 18 Temple Owls saw their win streak end at five games, as conference opponent and No. 17 ranked Louisville celebrated a 2-1 overtime win. It was Temple’s third loss this season and its first in Big East play.

There is something to be learned from every game, though. The Owls had their issues and the only thing they can do is correct those issues for Sunday afternoon’s matchup against Bucknell.

The Bison are 6-4 in 2013, having won four of their last five games. They beat Lafayette 2-1 on Saturday, with junior defender Liz Wills and senior forward Rachel Misko doing the scoring for Bucknell.

Senior forward Leigh Hillman leads the team in scoring with seven goals and one assist for 15 points.

On the Owls’ side, junior forward Amber Youtz is still out with an arm injury, but the other forwards in freshman Katie Foran, sophomores Tricia Light and Alyssa Delp and senior Lauren Hunt have stepped up in Youtz’s absence.

Temple has also continued to play well defensively and redshirt junior goalkeeper Lizzy Millen’s save percentage— now. 802 — has stayed among the best in the nation. Temple is 3-1 all-time against Bucknell and won the last matchup 5-4 back on Sept. 23, 2012.

The Owls will be looking to bounce back in their return home to Geasey Field. The game starts at 1:00 PM ET.