Field hockey hosts Saint Louis

Led by sophomore forward Amber Youtz, the field hockey team is looking to for its fifth win in Atlantic 10 Conference play on Friday against Saint Louis (1-14).

The Billikens are winless in conference play this season, with losses to Richmond, Massachusetts, and St. Joseph’s University.

Saint Louis is led by senior midfielder Lexie Lindblad and junior forward Tori Lycett, who each have four goals this year.

Although the Billikens have one win on the season, they have played many close games, most recently losing to St. Joe’s by one goal.

Temple is going to have to stay focused and rely on their offense that has scored 49 goals this season against a Saint Louis team that has given up 57 goals.

Youtz currently ranks sixth among all players in NCAA Division I in points per game with 2.81, and seventh in goals per game with 1.13. She leads the A-10 in both categories, and also has a conference leading nine assists.

The Owls will look to Youtz and freshman forward Alyssa Delp to lead the offensive attack. Delp is second on the team with eight goals.

Defensively, junior defender Molly Doyle and sophomore Lizzy Millen will be looking for the Owls’ first shut out of the season.

Saint Louis has scored 16 goals in their 15 games.

Temple will be looking to jump on the Billikens early and start to get ready for a big conference matchup at No. 17 Richmond. The Spiders are undefeated at home this season.

Colin Tansits