Owls head to San Diego State to complete road trip

Temple (5-1) will close out its three game California road trip against San Diego State (4-2,1-0 MPSF), on Saturday at 12 p.m. PT/ 3 p.m. ET.

In the first meeting in their schools’ history, the Owls and Aztecs will both look to continue their winning ways. Temple will attempt to start a new winning streak, following a win against the University of Southern California, while San Diego St. will try to surpass its longest streak of the season with a third straight victory.

The young Owls squad responded to their first defeat of the season with a comfortable 12-7 win against USC. Freshman attacker Rachel Schwaab had her best statistical performance of her career, against the Trojans, netting a hat trick and adding three assists.

Consistently strong play from the senior trio of midfielders Kellee Pace, Charlotte Swavola, and Stephany Parcell has anchored the Temple offense, during this road trip. In the two games against Stanford and USC, the three seniors have accounted for 12 of the team’s 22 total goals.

Tied at seven points each, the leaders in total points during the two game span has been Schwaab (3 goals, 4 assists) and Parcell (4 goals, 3 assists).

Senior goalkeeper Meghan Clothier followed her career-high 10 save game against Stanford with three saves against USC, but allowed seven Trojan goals compared to 14 allowed against the Cardinal.

For the Aztecs, the season has started with balance, ranking in the top ten of Division I scoring offense and scoring defense. The San Diego St. offense is tied for 8th in goals per game with 15.20, and it’s defense ranks 9th in goals allowed with 7.40 per game.

Sophomore attackers Michaela Jarvis and Bailey Ewing lead the Aztecs with a combined 49 total points, which accounts for just over 43% of the entire team’s output. Jarvis leads the team in assists with 14, and Ewing is the goal leader with 19.

Senior goalie Sammy Slattery has started every game for the Aztecs and ranks among the top goalie in goals allowed per game.

-Brien Edwards