Field hockey to face Lafayette

After beating conference rival Georgetown 5-1 on Friday, No. 17 Temple will hit the road for the last two games of the regular season.

The Owls will face Lafayette on Sunday afternoon to wrap up the weekend, and then they will take on No. 4 Connecticut next Saturday.

Lafayette won its last two match-ups via a 4-0 shutout of Holy Cross last Saturday and a 4-3 win against Colgate this Saturday.

With the win against Colgate, Lafayette clinched a spot in its own conference tournament, the Patriot League. Overall, Lafayette is 6-9 with a 3-2 conference record.

Meanwhile, the Owls are looking to secure their spot in the Big East Tournament. They’re 13-4 with a 4-2 record in the conference. Temple is currently fourth in the Big East and the Top 4 teams in the conference make the postseason tournament.

Redshirt junior goalkeeper Lizzy Millen will also be facing her sister, Hannah, in Sunday’s game.

Hannah Millen is a sophomore defender for Lafayette, who has a goal and two assists for four points this season. She has started in all 15 of Lafayette’s games this season.

Lizzy Millen, meanwhile, has been having a great year, starting in all 17 of Temple’s games and posting a .823 save percentage that is among the best in the nation.

Both Lizzy and Hannah Millen played in last year’s match-up between the Owls and the Leopards, which was a 3-0 win for Lafayette on Sept. 9.

Lizzy Millen made seven saves while Hannah Millen entered the game as a substitution.