Youtz named Big East Offensive Player of the Week

After a big performance against Monmouth on Saturday, junior forward Amber Youtz has been named Big East Offensive Player of the Week.

It is the second time in a row that an Owl has won offensive player of the week honors, after senior midfielder/co-captain Molly Doyle received the accolade last week.

Youtz led the way in a 6-0 win against Monmouth over the weekend, scoring four goals and adding two assists for 10 points.

Her 10 points is tied for the most in one game by a Division I player this season.

Youtz’s four goals also made for her third career hat trick and the second time a Temple player has scored four or more goals in one game since 1992.

Alumni and All-American Alli Lokey was the last Owl to score four goals in a game, doing it in 2007.

Youtz was named Atlantic-10 Offensive Player of the Year in 2012, after scoring 22 goals and 10 assists for 54 points.

She has shown no signs of slowing down this season, leading the team in scoring with eight goals and four assists for 20 points.

Youtz is currently second in the nation in points per game, averaging 3.33 points per. Her 1.33 goals per game average is also fourth in the nation.

Youtz has 34 goals and 84 assists in her career so far, placing her ninth all-time in the history of Temple Field Hockey for both categories.

Along with the Big East accolade, Youtz is also featured as the Under Armour Owlsports.com Athlete of the Week.