Men’s soccer looks for second win

The Owls will be seeking their second win of the season Friday against Wofford at 4 p.m. The matchup will be held at Ambler, making it the team’s first home game of the year.

Temple has not been able to win two consecutive games to start the season since 2011, when they were able to beat Lafayette and Holy Cross.

Coach David MacWilliams will be seeking improvement in team chemistry that might have lacked in the first game. With the addition of many new players, the team is still trying to gel with one another and might have been one of the reasons why the Owls were forced to take the first game into overtime.

“I think we created some, but at the final third, we weren’t able to execute as we would’ve liked,”  MacWilliams said on Friday after the game. “Good teams will find ways to execute and better teams do (execute). We need to work on the final pass or shot and get better.”

However, the Owls will look to capitalize Wofford’s poor start to the season as Wofford already has two loses through two games. This will be a good chance for the Owls to implement and improve on their tactics as well as their chemistry against a team that already started off poorly.

The Owls will be looking to win another non-conference game to enhance their chances of making the playoffs once again. With another non-conference win, not only do they have a better chance of making the playoffs, but also it brings confidence within the team to help get through the tough American conference.