Farrell set to join Owls

According to coach Seamus O’Connor, Old Dominion sophomore midfielder Kelly Farrell has recently decided to transfer to Temple.

“We just picked up a big transfer, Kelly Farrell, from Old Dominion,” O’Connor said, “[Kelly] is a very good attacker. Very good attacker. She’s been a late pick up and I think she is going to help with some of the freshmen that are coming in”.

During her freshman campaign with the Monarchs, Farrell earned playing time in 16 regular season matches, being featured in the starting lineup in 10 matches. Farrell recorded two assists in 2012.

O’Connor, who served as the Owls’ recruiting coordinator during the last two seasons, stated that Farrell was a player that Temple targeted during her high school career, before she committed to Old Dominion.

Farrell was a four year starter at Timber Creek high school, in New Jersey, earning honors such as First-Team All State, All-South Jersey, and a South Jersey Championship berth. Farrell was also part of the 2011 Highland Wildcats club that reached the Jefferson Cup Showcase Elite Championship.

Farrell’s former Highland Wildcat teammate midfielder Jillian DiBlasi will also join the Owls this season as part of the 2013 freshman recruiting class.

Farrell is the second player to transfer to Temple in 2013, following sophomore defender Taylor Trusky, who transferred from Pittsburgh in the spring.