2013 women’s soccer schedule announced

The women’s soccer 2013 season schedule was released today, and the Owls will face an array of fresh faces, including teams from the newly created American Athletic Conference.

This year will mark the beginning of The American, where Temple will play nine conference matches against Houston, Southern Methodist, South Florida, Central Florida, Connecticut, Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis, and Rutgers.

The Owls will host eight matches at the Ambler Sports Complex and travel for ten of their matches. In its ten road games, Temple will travel to six states outside of Pennsylvania: New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Florida, Connecticut, and Tennessee.

Eleven of Temple’s opponents this year posted a winning record in 2012. That group includes three NCAA tournament teams including Central Florida, Rutgers and 2012 MAAC Champion Loyola Maryland.

The season starts with a four match road trip opening with games against NJIT and Delaware State, and finishing with a weekend in Maryland to face Mount St. Mary and Loyola Maryland.

Temple will follow up the road trip with eight straight matches in Pennsylvania, including hosting seven of them at Ambler. Marshall, Rider and Binghamton will be Temple’s first three visitors. The Owls will then travel to Easton to face Lafayette, but returns to Ambler to face Delaware a week later.

Sept. 26 will bring an end to the non-conference schedule and begin the first ever conference schedule for The American. The Owls will stay at Ambler to host new conference foe Houston and SMU.

Temple will continue conference play, spending the weekend in Florida to visit the University of Southern Florida and the University of Central Florida. Then the Owls will continue on the road with a match against Conneticut.

For the Owls, the last two home events will comprise of matches against Louisville, and senior day against Cincinnati.

The regular season will come to a close with two straight road matches, one against Memphis and the finale coming against school rival Rutgers.

TUWS Schedule