Pair of athletes receive regional honors

Paige O’Sullivan

Although her four-year stint with the women’s rowing team is now complete, newly graduated Paige O’Sullivan continues to be recognized as an outstanding student-athlete. Temple announced yesterday that O’Sullivan was named to the second team all-Mid-Atlantic Region by the Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association, just a few weeks after the Somers Point, N.J. native was awarded first team A-10 All-Conference.

O’Sullivan, who recently received her bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation, was also the winner of the 2013 John Noisette Award—One that is presented to a Temple student each year for leadership and innovation in the therapeutic recreation field.

Additionally, last month, O’Sullivan was honored with the Temple Teammates Community Service Award for the second straight year at the university’s Breakfast of Champions.

Brandon Matthews

Freshman Brandon Matthews has been named as one of the 25 golfers selected by the Golf Coaches Association of America to be a part of the NCAA Division I PING all-Northeast Region team.

In what turned out to be a stellar rookie season with Temple, Matthews’ 72.27 stroke average was the lowest among all Atlantic 10 Conference golfers. He placed second at the A-10 Championship, earning All-Conference honors in addition to being recognized as A-10 Rookie of the Year.