Men’s soccer adds 11 athletes to roster

This morning, Temple men’s soccer head coach David MacWilliams announced his additions to the 2013 roster. In total, the 13-year-coach is bringing in eight freshman and three transfers, resulting in a team that will feature 11 new student-athletes this fall for their first season in the American Athletic Conference.

Freshmen Alexander Cagle, Mark Grasela, Steffan Mueller, Matt Mahoney, Miguel Polley, Robert Sagel, Vojkan Tomasevic and Dan White are among those joining the Owls, along with transfers Donovan Fraser, Jonah Williams and Anani Mohammed.

Fraser, a medical redshirt from the University of Maryland, was a two-time National Soccer Coaches Association of America High School All-American, and won the Suffolk League IV Championship all four years of his high school career. Cagle, a sex-foot-four goalkeeper was named to the Second Team All-Conference in his junior year at Brookfield East High School, when he posted a 0.366 goals against average for the season.

“I’m very excited about these prospects and the level of talent they bring to Temple,” MacWilliams said in a press release. “I really believe this i the best incoming class that I’ve had in my 13 years here and that’s no disrespect to any of the previous classes. This group of guys gives us an opportunity to compete in the American Athletic Conference immediately.”