Lacrosse looks to collect conference win

Returning to Geasey Field after three straight road games, the Temple Owls (8-6,3-2) will host Atlantic-10 Conference foe, George Washington Colonials (8-6,3-2), Friday at 3:30 pm.

The regular season is coming to a close and both teams will try to make a push for inclusion in the A-10 tournament. Though a loss would not eliminate either team from tournament play, a victory on Friday would clinch a winning conference record and likely, a postseason berth.

Temple goes into Friday’s matchup after collecting two straight conference losses. In their last game against LaSalle, the Owls surrendered an eight point lead and were defeated in the closing seconds 14-13. After beginning the A-10 schedule with three straight victories, allowing 18 total goals, Temple has allowed 26 goals in it’s two losses.

Since the conference schedule opened, senior midfielders Stephany Parcell and Charlotte Swavola have been ranked among the top 10 in goals, assists, and total points, within the A-10. Parcell has also averaged a goal in each of the five A-10 games, leading in the category during that span.

George Washington will also look to rebound from a one point loss, after falling to Duquesne 6-5. The Colonials’ offense is led by the combination of sophomore midfielder Jamie Bumgardner and senior attacker Nicole Lacey, who account for 83 of their team’s 212 total points. Bumgardner leads the A-10 with 33 assists and Lacey has netted a team-high 31 goals.

At goalie, senior Jess Hicks had started every game for George Washington. In her 14 starts, Hicks had allowed slightly more than nine goals per game and has recorded a total of 89 saves.

In 2012, Temple traveled to Washington, D.C and fell to the Colonials in overtime, 14-13.

This year, the game between Temple and George Washington will be played at Geasey Field where the Owls are 5-0. The Owls boast the highest average home attendance with 281 per game and have a winning margin of nearly eight goals.