Owls look to rebound against USC

Following its first loss of the season at the hands of #18 Stanford, Temple (4-1) will face the University of Southern California Trojans (4-4, 2-1 MPSF), in their second straight road game, Wednesday at 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET.

With both of their previous games ending in losses to Stanford, the Owls and Trojans will meet for the first time in their program’s histories.

In a season where freshman have scored early and often, against Stanford, five different Owls scored goals, with freshman midfielder Avery Longstaff being the lone rookie goal scorer. In the 14-10 loss, junior attacker Jaymie Tabor led the Owls with a hat trick, while senior midfielders Kellee Pace, Stephany Parcell and Charlotte Swavola scored two goals each.

The three senior midfielders are also the Owls’ season leaders in total points.

In goal, senior goalie Meghan Clothier had a career day against Stanford. She recorded ten saves, which nearly doubled her season total before Sunday’s game.

In its last game, USC also traveled to Stanford, for a Mountain Pacific Sports Federation matchup, and left with a 17-12 defeat.

In Division I, USC is ranked 3rd in total points and 15th in scoring offense. The Trojans offense is led by freshman attacker Caroline de Lyra, who leads USC with 49 total points, recording 28 goals and 21 assists.

De Lyra’s point and scoring totals are also ranked second.

Freshman goalie Liz Schaeffer leads all goalies in saves, recording 72, and is tied for 10th in saves per game.

For the Owls, this will be the second game of their three game California road trip and the second game played in a three day span.