Owls must win out

With three regular season games remaining, the Owls (15-11) face the simplest yet most daunting of tasks.

They have to win all three.

“These last games are absolutely must-wins,” Roberts said. “Looking back to where we were a year ago and we’re in the same spot. Last year, no one’s heart was into it and this year guys can’t wait to get to the rink every night. We know we’re going to win. The mentality is completely different to where it was in the past. We all feel so good about it. Instead of being desperate and panicking, we’re excited and motivated. “

With more stifling opposition looming in a Feb. 8 bout with top conference rival Rowan University, Temple will first have to take care of Millersville (13-5-1) Friday.

Temple handed the Marauders a 6-2 defeat in the season opener on Sep. 15 on the road. The Owls will need lightning to strike twice if they are to remain in the playoff hunt.

With an 11th place spot in the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) Southeast Region rankings, the Owls will need to win out in order to salvage a top-ten ranking, as well as their season.

“We need to make a statement at Millersville,” Roberts said. “It needs to be a win and a statement on the scoreboard. We’re going to play every second of the game like it’s overtime no matter what.”

Each of Temple’s final three games will be at home, with a visit from Monmouth University on Feb. 9 being the season finale.

Junior goalie Chris Mullen will start Friday, Roberts confirmed.

Temple’s first test in Millersville is set to start at 9:30 p.m.