Men’s tennis to play St. Francis tonight

The men’s tennis team takes on the St. Francis (NY) Terriers this evening at 7:30. This match will be played at the Upper Dublin Sports Club in Ambler, PA.

This is the first match of the spring season for both teams. Temple went 9-10 last season, and St. Francis went 6-14. The two teams played each other last season, when the Owls dominated in a 7-0 rout. Temple did not lose any of the 15 sets that were played, and the Terriers only won 15 games. For comparison, the Owls won 96.

Both teams are very different this year. Temple and St. Francis each only return three players from last year’s match.

Temple number one player will likely be senior captain Kacper Rams, who finished 3-3 in singles in the fall and 16-16 last season. Rams defeated then-senior Danhaldi Robinson 6-0, 6-0 last season.

The rest of the lineup is a toss up at this point, although the smart money is on sophomore Kristian Marquart to play at number two. Marquart played at number two in the fall, when he went 2-5 in singles. Marquart defeated then-senior James Brennan-Tsang last year 6-0 6-0.

The Terriers return their number one player from last year’s match, senior Tita Mba. Mba went 3-3 in singles in the fall. Last year, then-Temple senior Filip Rams defeated Mba 6-0, 6-1.