Youtz named A-10 Offensive Player of the Year

As the Atlantic 10 Conference handed out field hockey awards today before the conference playoffs, Temple had four players honored.

Senior midfielder Katie Briglia earned her third A-10 First Team Honor, and freshmen forward Alyssa Delp and midfielder Taylor Schronk earned A-10 All Rookie Honors.

But headlining it all was sophomore forward Amber Youtz.

Youtz received the A-10 Offensive Player of the Year Award, along with being named to the A-10 First Team.

The sophomore ranks among the nation’s leaders in both goals and points. Her team and league-best 21 goals ranks sixth in NCAA Division I with 1.05 goals per game, and her team and league-best 52 total points rank seventh in the nation with 2.60 points per game.

Youtz is tied for fifth all-time at Temple for goals in a single season, and is tied for sixth all-time in points in a season.

Along with the on the field accolades, Briglia was selected to the A-10 All Academic Team. She is majoring in broadcasting, telecommunications and mass media, and has a 3.68 grade point average.

By the Numbers:

21 – Youtz’s 21 goals are the most scored by a Temple player in a single season since Caroline McWilliams in 1980.

52 – Youtz’s 52 points are tied for fifth in Temple’s all time rankings for a single season. The last time a player scored 52 points for the Owls was in 1991.

11 – Briglia currently has 11 assists on this season and is one assist away from being tied for seventh in Temple’s all time rankings for assists for one season.

16 – Youtz is only 16 points away from cracking Temple’s Top 10 all time scorers list.

-Colin Tansits