Women’s soccer plays on the road for last time this season

The women’s soccer team will play its final road match of the regular season when the Owls take on Saint Louis Sunday at 1 p.m.

Along with the Owls last match on the road, it will also be the last time the Billikens play at home at Saint Louis’s Hernmann Stadium.

After falling 2-1 in the final three minutes of Friday’s loss to Butler, the Owls will look to play consistent the entire game without making simple mistakes, coach Matt Gwilliam said.

“We are just going to go out there and try to get the win,” Gwilliam said.

The Owls seem to share the same offensive struggles that the Billikens have, as Saint Louis has notched nine goals this season, while Temple has notched 10.

Saint Louis junior forward has led the Billikens this season with two goals, two assists, six points and 26 shots.

Temple will enter the match with a 5-10-2 record this season (2-4-0 Atlantic 10 Conference), while Saint Louis will begin play with a 3-8-4 record (1-3-2 A-10).

Both Saint Louis and Temple are in need of a win in order to remain in the hunt for the A-10 tournament, as the Billikens currently sit 14th in the standings, while the Owls are 12th in the A-10 of the 16 teams in the conference.

“We are trying to get as many wins as possible so every match counts right now,” freshman defender Paula Jurewicz said.

-John Murrow